Crockpot Beef & Beans
- 6-8 ounces bacon , diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard , regularor Dijon mustard , style
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 (16ounce)cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, undrained
- 1 (15ounce)can kidney beans , undrained
- 1 (15ounce)can lima beans or butter beans , drained
- Cook bacon in large skillet until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Discard bacon drippings in skillet; brown the ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain off excess fat.
- In a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine bacon, ground beef, onion, and all remaining ingredients; mix to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Thursday, April 25th, 2013 at 11:21 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply