- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup very cold club soda
- bamboo skewers
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Dip seafood, beef or chicken cut in 1/4 inch x 4 inch strips into the batter and carefully place in hot oil, deep fry until lightly golden. Watch closely so as not to overcook. (If using vegetables, remove stems from mushrooms and cut larger vegetables into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices).
- Remove from oil and place on a wire rack or paper towels to drain.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Monday, February 25th, 2013 at 11:07 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply