Cream of Carrot Soup (Porkkanasosekeitto)
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Peel carrots. Cook carrots in beef broth and brandy until tender, adding additional brandy if necessary. Drain, reserving the stock, and strain or mash the carrots to make a smooth puree.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the flour, and stir until blended.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Heat to the boiling point and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add reserved stock, carrot puree, sugar, and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with parsley and a dash of nutmeg.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 at 9:22 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply