Featherweight Breakfast Cake
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Grease 8X8 squarepan.
- Melt butter and cool slightly and add milk and beaten egg, set to the side.
- In bowl, sift the next four (4) ingredients, 2 times.Add butter, milk, and egg mixture and stir only enough to smooth out any lumps.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon for the topping, in a small bowl or in a ziploc bag.
- Pour batter into greased pan and sprinkle the mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the top and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 at 9:17 pm and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply