Festive Dried Fruit Biscotti
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces white chocolate , melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ounces white chipits
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds , chopped
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (mixed glace)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat margarine until soft.
- Beat in sugar and eggs.
- Add melted white chocolate,juice and extract until combined.
- With your hand fold in remaining ingredients. The dough will be sticky.
- Form dough into logs almost as long as the cookie sheet and place 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Remove biscotti from oven and let cool 5 minutes before slicing diagonally.
- Return to oven and toast on each side for 5-10 minutes.
- Store in air-tight containers.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Thursday, July 12th, 2012 at 8:45 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply