Chicken a La King on Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces mushrooms , sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6biscuits, of chef’s choice
- Heat the milk and cream over low heat and set aside keeping hot.
- In a deep skillet, melt the butter.Saute the mushrooms, onions and peppers until softened.Put the garlic in the pan with the vegetables and saute for another minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour while stirring the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes unitl the flour turns golden.
- Add the sherry and allow the alcohol to evaporate for about a minute.
- Pour in the milk and cream and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock, mix well again.
- Bring the pot to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat and stir until the sauce becomes thicker. Blend in the tarragon, salt and pepper.Take off the heat and keep warm.
- Beat the egg yolks until they look foamy.Spoon out a small amount of the white sauce and mix in with the egg yolks. With a whisk, stir in this egg mixture to the pot of white sauce.Add the chicken, parsley, and lemon juice and simmer the whole pot over low heat until heated through.
- Place warm biscuits halved on a plate and spoon the chicken sauce over them.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 at 10:29 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply