Light Creamed Lemon Spinach
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 medium onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 13 ounces frozen chopped spinach , thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons bottled imitation bacon bits orreal real bacon , pieces, plus
- 2 teaspoons bottled imitation bacon bits orreal real bacon , pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic about 6 minutes until tender.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Increase heat to high and whisk 2-3 minutes, or until mixture boils and begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 at 9:51 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply