Deviled Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup green onions , minced plus additional
- green onions , for garnish
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- Toast peppercorns in a small nonstick skillet over low heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes, and then crush.
- Shell the eggs and cut 1/4-inch off the ends of each one; reserve these trimmings. Halve the eggs crosswise, and remove the yolks. Set the whites aside. Place the yolks and the trimmings in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the chopped green onion garnish) to the bowl, and mash with a fork until just smooth but not mushy.
- Spoon the mixture into the reserved whites, or pipe it in with a pastry tube. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped green onions.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Friday, June 8th, 2012 at 10:44 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply