Crisp Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind or lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add the egg, milk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, leon rind, and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls or drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 at 12:56 pm and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply