Irish Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated prepared horseradish
- 2egg yolks, beaten
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, mustard and salt in quart pan.
- Add water.
- Stir over low heat until mixture thickens and boils.Remove from heat; add butter, vinegar, and horseradish.
- Beat a little of hot mixture into egg yolks; then add yolk mixture into pan.
- Cook slowly, stirring until sauce thickens slightly.Serve.
This entry was posted by by Natalie Notthing on Monday, May 21st, 2012 at 9:40 am and is filed under Recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply