I made this tonight and served it warm beside a simple meatloaf and this salad really stole the show. It has great flavor that just keeps improving with standing time. This is lighter in fat and calories than the heavy mayonnaise based salads.
MAKES: 6 servings
2 lbs tiny Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed well
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets.
- When done (tender but still firm), as soon as you can handle them, cut them into quarters or slices as you prefer.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix together all the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the cooked and cut potatoes in a bowl.
- Stir together the dressing (it will have settled) and pour over the hot potatoes.
- With a large spoon, toss the salad carefully to coat while leaving the potato skins intact.
- Best made early in the day and allowed to marinate for several hours.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature – can be warmed up in the microwave.