This simple cake is loved by the men around here. It’s made with ingredients that are commonly kept on hand, nothing exotic or hard to get here. It to go to cake when your having coffee with a friend and discussing that person down the street. Baking choices are given at at the bottom of the recipe.
MAKES: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350°F Grease a bundt pan or a 13×9 pan, if cutting recipe in half grease a 8×8 pan.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir just until well mixed, Do not over mix.
- For the bundt pan choice: place half of batter in greased pan.
Combine ingredients for topping. Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the batter in the pan. Top with remaining batter and remaining topping
- The 13×9 and 8×8 are a single layer only with the topping on top.
- Bundt pan: bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
- 13×9 inch pan bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For half recipe use a 8×8 pan and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.