Who doesn’t love great tasting potatoes. These are oven roasted with a little oil on each and if they aren’t pearls of perfect health they are at least better for you than the deep fried potatoes that North Americia is in a deadly love affair with. Not only that, they also taste better too.
MAKES: 6 servings
- 8 Russet potatoes, well scrubbed and peeled only if you really must (Try to use evenly shaped ones for this)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt (Greek seasoned sea salt is incrediable)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes for approximately 15 minutes in a large pot of salted water.
- Drain and let cool somewhat.
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut into wedges.
- Whisk together all other ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with potatoes to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a greased baking pan or dish.
- Roast at 400 degrees, turning once, for about 40 minutes.