Christmas Cheer the non-alcoholic way, well, you could add a splash of something harder if you wanted too. A touch of vanilla vodka might be nice. We enjoyed this just as I made it and hubby and myself finished it off with no leftovers in an evening. You might want to double or even quadruple the amount if you’ll be serving it to guests or just have a larger family than I do. It’s delicious!
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 slices lemon zest
- 4 slices orange zest
- 34 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- extra cinnamon sticks for each cup, optional
- Place cloves, peppercorns, and zest in center of cheesecloth and tie to form a bag.
- Combine cheesecloth bag and all remaining ingredients (except the optional cinnamon sticks) in 4 quart saucepan, bring to a simmer and simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecloth bag.
- Ladle wine into heatproof small glasses or cups and garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired.