Sometimes a simple sandwich is exactly what you really want. This works for me every time. It’s good for lunch or dinner. You can use any burger type buns but the onion buns really make this over the top delicious.
MAKES: 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 onion hamburger buns, sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 4 slices tomatoes, or more if they are small
- 12 onion rings, red onion is good if you have it
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Fry or microwave bacon until crispy but not black.
- Place split onion buns on cookie sheet.
- In small bowl stir together mayonnaise and mustard.
- To assemble each sandwich, spread about 1 tablespoon of mayo mixture on each bun half.
- On bottom half of bun place 1-2 tomato slice, 3 onion rings and bacon slices.
- Crisscross 2 slices Cheddar cheese over bacon.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melting.
- Top with remaining bun half.