MAKES: 4-6 servings
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas
- 4-5 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion or chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mint or tarragon, as desired, optional
- Place the frozen peas in a colander defrost with cold running water (it’s ok if they aren’t completely defrosted).
- Drain well and chill.
- Gently combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on lettuce.
- Use as a pita filling.
- Serve as a side dish.
- Add a cup of cooked pasta and 1 tsp more of mayo and sour cream toss together for pasta salad.
- Use small diced ham in place of the bacon.