Here is a “Special” coffee that is as good as those very expensive coffee places that you can have without leaving home. This is a great way to welcome guests or to please your coffee drinking family members. See bottom of post for a compound butter for this coffee or whatever you would love a special butter for. Remember, you can use vanilla beans many times over.
MAKES: 2 servings
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, place the two halves into the brewing basket along with the 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Brew the coffee as usual.
- When it’s done remove the vanilla beans and cinnamon sticks and gently rinse the grounds off of them.
- Place a vanilla bean half and a cinnamon stick in each cup.
- Add a half teaspoon, or more if you wish, of butter to each cup.
- Fill with the hot coffee and stir gently.
- Add sweetening and cream as and if you wish.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean halves to the cups, add plain brewed coffee and top with a small dollop of the premade butter mix.
- Add sweetener and cream as you like.
COMPOUND FLAVORED BUTTER:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute or sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Allow the butter to soften at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds from inside the bean.
- Combine the butter with the vanilla seeds, Splenda, and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Keep chilled in refrigerator.