This is an everyday chicken and stuffing. Not hours in the making, it’s only 45 mins. If you want to add some cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes there is no reason why you couldn’t turn it into a small celebration if you like.
MAKES: 6 servings
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (you can use 2 if you want it more moist)
- 8 ounces purchased French onion dip
- 2 (4 ounce) packages seasoned stuffing mix (I used Stove Top “chicken” 4-serving boxes)
- Prepare stuffing mix as per directions on box.
- Combine the soup mixture with the prepared stuffing.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken very lightly, they should not be cooked.
- Put the chicken breasts on bottom of a baking dish you have sprayed well with cooking spray (not too big of a dish, you the chicken breasts in one layer but not far apart).
- Put the stuffing mixture on top.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 350* oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake 10-20 minutes more, until it is drier on top and a light golden brown.
- If your in a rush and you have cooked chicken on hand you can chop that and mix it into the prepared stuffing mix and bake for the first 30 mins only.