The name comes from the Mozart Black (dark chocolate liqueur) that I used in them. If you don’t have Mozart Black you can use any chocolate liqueur that you prefer. For all intents and purposes these muffing are fat free, sugar free. Even so they are delicious and moist. They are ideal for diabetics and those watching calories (especially with the holidays on the way). They are great with your afternoon tea/coffee or anytime.
MAKES: 18 muffins
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoon Mozart Black, or your preferred chocolate liqueur
- Brew some strong coffee and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream and add coffee and chocolate liqueur.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and stir in liquids quickly.
- Spoon into 18 well greased muffin tin cups and bake 350°F 20 to 25 mins or until tester comes out clean.