Be sure to use fresh, good quality ingredients for this simple and easy dish to make the most of it robust flavors. This is healthy because it uses whole wheat or multi-grain pasta, a reasonable amount of extra virgin olive oil and tuna for the protein. When eating this close your eyes and imagine that your on the Rivera watching the yachts in the harbor (who knows, perhaps one of them is yours!)
MAKES: 4 servings
- 12 ounces whole wheat or multi-grain pasta of your choice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, you may use more if you really want to
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, you may chop them if you like, I didn’t
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh, coarse ground, black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 T. of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the capers, olives and black pepper cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, and the remaining oil.
- Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water, and top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately .