If you’ve ever had the chocolate / candy bar ‘Bounty’ then you will know what I’m talking about here…..these truffles taste like a Bounty that’s been supercharged & had extras added to it! My husband calls them extravagant – hence the title. These are super easy to make & enjoyed by everyone.
Makes approx 40-50 truffles.
- 397 g sweetened condensed milk
- 70 g butter or margarne
- 35 g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 35 g almonds, toasted and chopped
- 75 g dates, finely chopped
- 200 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 100 g desiccated coconut (the unsweetened is preferable)
- 300 g dark chocolate, melted (use a good quality if possible)
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- Combine Sweetened Condensed Milk and butter in a sauce pan, cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture is light golden in color. Remove from heat.
- Add nuts, dates, apricots and coconut to the cream mixture then mix thoroughly. Once the mixture cools, shape it into small equal size balls. Chill the balls in the freezer.
- Dip the chilled truffles in the melted chocolate and place them on a tray that is lined with waxed paper. I find that a cocktail stick helps do this with miniml mess & creates a better finish. Refrigerate the truffles until firm.
- Decorate with swirl patterns using melted white chocolate piped on with a fine nozzle or using a folded paper cone.
- Store the truffles in a plastic container in layers separated by wax paper in the refrigerator.
- If you don’t like a fruit listed, just use more of one that you do like – eg; use extra apricots in place of the dates etc.