I can’t decide which I like better, smoothies with dairy or smoothies without dairy. As long as summer continues I’ll keep having the opportunity to test each and try to figure it out. This one is a great non-dairy option with nothing other than berries and apple juice. It’s cold, thick and simply delicious.
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute (optional, I don’t think it needs any more sweetening but some may)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place all ingredients, except ice, in blender.
- Blend for 1 min and then add the ice through the blender feed opening with blender running until mixture is the consistency you like.