In an effort to still enjoy the goodness of summer yet trim back on the fats so prevalent in the ice creams and treats of the season I came up with this yummy smoothie that will stand in for a light meal if desired. It’s nutritious and delicious as well as being diabetic friendly. The mild lemon flavor of the yogurt blends wonderfully with the strawberries and the bit of orange juice adds a touch of citric aroma while helping with the blending process
- 3/4 cup fat free lemon flavored yogurt (I used Yoplait Source, Lemon Chiffon flavor)
- 3 large strawberries, frozen
- 1 fresh strawberry, fresh, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Add more Splenda to taste if desired.
- Pour into glass.
- Serve immediately.