Active time: 20 min Start to finish: 45 min
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 1/2lb medium yellow-fleshed potatoes such as yukon gold
- 1tablespoon whole-grain or coarse-grained mustard
- 1tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons finely chopped drained bottled capers
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 3tablespoons finely chopped shallot (1 large)
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
DIRECTIONS Peel and quarter potatoes, then cover with salted cold water by 2 inches in a 5-quart pot and simmer, covered, until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, whisk together mustard, vinegar, capers, salt, pepper, and shallot. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
Drain potatoes in a colander and cool slightly. Break up warm potatoes into smaller chunks with a spoon and stir in vinaigrette and parsley. Serve potatoes warm.