Serve with: Crusty French rolls and steamed new potatoes tossed with butter and chervil. Dessert: Meringues filled with purchased lemon curd and sprinkled with blueberries.
Makes 4 servings.
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1small bunch broccoli rabe, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4large garlic cloves, thinly sliced8large eggs
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1cup (packed) shredded sharp provolone cheese
DIRECTIONS Preheat broiler. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Sauté bell pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and garlic, stirring to coat with oil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Arrange vegetables evenly in skillet, then pour egg mixture over. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until eggs are set around edges and almost set in center, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Transfer skillet to broiler and heat until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Run spatula around skillet edges to loosen frittata. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.