Here’s a summer salad with robust flavors.
Makes 8 servings.
- 6tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon drained capers
- 1garlic clove, minced1pound fusilli pasta
- 12ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2cup minced pitted oil-curedblack olives
DIRECTIONS Blend first 5 ingredients in processor until tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Set dressing aside.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to large bowl. Add dressing to hot pasta; toss to coat. Cool, stirring occasionally. Add chopped fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan and olives; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)