These are big fluffy pancakes that are real family pleasers. While we prefer apple you can use any fruit that your in the mood for that day. You might like fresh peaches, sliced bananas or blueberries for example. This can be made more diabetic friendly quite easily: use half white and half whole wheat flour, light margarine, Splenda for the sugar and far free sour cream and milk.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh apple, peeled and diced small
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- Sift together flour, baking power, salt and sugar.
- Beat together egg, milk and sour cream.
- Pour milk mixture over dry mixture and beat just until smooth.
- Stir in butter.
- Fold in diced apple.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cups batter on hot (350F) griddle.
- Serve with maple syrup (no added syrup for those on a diet) or applesauce with added cinnamon.
- Add your topping of choice and enjoy.
If your making these for a special day like Mothers Day an anniversary or Valentines Day top the cakes with whipped cream and red cinnamon candies shaped like hearts. Sugar flowers like you use for cake decorating would also be lovely and add a very special touch indeed.