This fruit salad is absolutely bursting with the flavours of summer & has subtle floral notes from the orange flower water. My family adore eating their fruit this way & it’s always something friends request I bring when we go to dinner.
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 cups tropical or exotic juice
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup dessert apples, cubed
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup banana, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 – 1 tsp orange flower water
- granulated sugarfruit juice
- fresh mint sprigs
- orange flowers / blossoms or similar
- Place all the prepared fruits in a large, non reactive bowl.
- Pour the tropical juice over the fruit. Add the orange flower water & the lime juice.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & allow the fruit salad to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours – this will give the flavours time to devolop & meld & for the salad to chill nicely.
- Serve in individual dessert glasses. Dip the rim of each glass in a little fruit juice then coat with the sugar.
- Serve with honeyed greek yogurt, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream & chocolate shavings for a truly induldgent dessert!
- This fruit salad is delicious & refreshing all year round, when the fruits listed are out of season, you can use any fruits you like including tinned fruits such as pears, peaches & pineapple.