Makes 4 servings.
- 1pound skinless boneless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4cup chopped green onions
- 2teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper2 1/2teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 4large sesame-seed hamburger buns
- additional hoisin sauce
- additional mayonnaise
- 8butter lettuce leaves
DIRECTIONS Place first 4 ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, blend until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Mix in next 5 ingredients. Form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté patties until fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, toast hamburger buns. Spread bottom halves of buns with additional hoisin. Spread top halves with additional mayonnaise. Transfer burgers to bottom halves of bun; top each with 2 lettuce leaves and top half of bun.