Typical Provençal ingredients give this satisfying pasta salad a French accent. Refrigerate this at least two hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1pound cavatelli pasta or medium shell pasta3/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2pounds tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 26-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 4large green onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6tablespoons chopped fresh basil6ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
DIRECTIONS Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Transfer to large bowl.
Whisk oil and vinegar in small bowl to blend. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, artichokes, green onions, and basil; toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate pasta salad at least 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Mix goat cheese into salad. Serve cold or at room temperature.