Iced tea really hit’s the spot in the summer weather. This one is very light and diabetic friendly but it’s a refresher for the whole family. You can make it by the pitcher and just pour it into tall glasses already filled with berries and ice to serve a crowd.
- 1 Blueberry herbal tea bag (I used Stash brand)
- Splenda (or sugar) if desired
- Splash of diet Sprite (lemon lime) soda
- Up to a 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Bring 1 cup of water to a simmer and add the blueberry tea bag.
- Leave it to steep and cool for 10 mins.
- At the end on the 10 mins get a tall glass or large mug and put half of the frozen berries in the bottom then a later of ice, the rest of the berries, them top up the glass with ice.
- At this point remove the bag from the pot it has been steeping in and squeeze it well to get all of the flavor, add the Splenda or sugar to taste now if using.
- Pour the tea over the ice and berries in the prepared glass and fill the remaining room on the glass with a splash on the Sprite.
- Enjoy at once!