- 1 1/2lb small (1 1/2-inch) red potatoes
- 1/2fennel bulb (sometimes
- 3tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1large red bell pepper, cut into1/2-inch pieces
DIRECTIONS Simmer potatoes in salted cold water to cover by 1 inch in a saucepan until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drainand rinse under cold water. Whencool enough to handle, cut eachpotato into eighths.
While potatoes are cooking, trim fennel stalks flush with bulb, discarding stalks, and chop enough fronds to measure 2 tablespoons.Core bulb and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Whisk together vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add warm potatoes, fennel bulb and fronds, and bell pepper, then toss well. Season with salt and pepper.