Makes 4 servings.
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2teaspoons grated orange peelsalad
- 42- to 3-inch-diameter beets, unpeeled, scrubbed, all but 1 inch of tops removed
- 1tablespoon olive oil14.5-ounce bag baby lettuces with frisée
- 1/2cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 4ounces chilled soft fresh goat cheese (such as montrachet), coarsely crumbled
- thin strips of orange peel
DIRECTIONS For dressing: Whisk all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
for salad: Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss beets with 1 tablespoon oil in 11×7-inch metal baking pan. Roast beets until tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool beets; peel and cut into 1/2-inch wedges. (Dressing and beets can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill. Bring both to room temperature before continuing.)
Mix lettuces, walnuts and dressing in large bowl; toss. Divide among plates. Arrange beets around greens; sprinkle with goat cheese and orange peel.