For this warm-weather dish, a salsa cruda à la Grec — or uncooked Greek-style sauce — is combined with hot pasta and served at once. Be sure to use the ripest, juiciest tomatoes you can find, preferably from a farmers’ market or your own backyard.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 2pounds tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1cup chopped green onions (white and pale green parts only)
- 7ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil12ounces penne pasta
DIRECTIONS Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Set tomato mixture aside.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add hot pasta to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.