Marinate the cheese for a couple of hours, then assemble the salad just before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons plus 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 17-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, cut into 6 rounds8ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 1/2tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3large ripe plums, pitted, each cut into 16 wedges
DIRECTIONS Whisk oil and 2 tablespoons basil in shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese; spoon basil oil over. Cover; let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
Remove cheese from basil oil. Reserve oil. Toss greens and 1/4 cup basil in large bowl. Add reserved basil oil and vinegar; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among 6 plates. Top each salad with 1 cheese round and plum wedges.