Called “French pasta” at the restaurant, this Provençal-style special (using no butter and a minimum of oil) is typical of Méteigner’s light French fare.
Makes 4 servings.
- olive oil
- 1pound zucchini, trimmed, diced
- 1/2teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 21/2tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3large garlic cloves, minced12ounces spaghetti, freshly cooked
- 2large tomatoes, chopped
DIRECTIONS Brush large deep nonstick skillet with oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and crushed red pepper; sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Brush skillet again with oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until brown and tender, adding water by tablespoonfuls as needed if mushrooms stick to skillet, about 18 minutes. Add zucchini mixture, herbs, and garlic; stir 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add pasta and tomatoes to mushroom mixture; toss to blend, adding water by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.