Active time: 50 min Start to finish: 50 min
Makes 8 servings.
- for vinaigrette
- 2tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2teaspoons madrascurry powder
- 1teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground mixed or black peppercorns
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1lb tomatoes
- 1/2cup finely chopped shallots
- 1bunch broccoli, cut into1 1/2-inch florets
- 1/2head cauliflower, cut into1 1/2-inch florets
- 1/2lb celery root (sometimes called celeriac), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then slices cut into3- by 1-inch rectangles
- 1/2lb turnips, peeled and cut into1/4-inch-thick rounds, then rounds halved
- 1/2lb haricots verts or other thin green beans, trimmed
- 3tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 3tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
DIRECTIONS Make vinaigrette:
Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
Blanch and peel tomatoes . Seed and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Wrap shallots in a kitchen towel, then twist and squeeze to removeas much liquid as possible.
Cook broccoli, cauliflower, celery root, turnips, and haricots verts in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, then drain well.
Toss warm vegetables with tomatoes, shallots, chives, cilantro, and vinaigrette.
• Vinaigrette may be made 8 hours ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before using.
• Squeezing juice from shallots makes them less sharp.