- 6tablespoons unsalted european-style butter, room temperature
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1tablespoon drained capers1/2french-bread baguette
- dijon mustard
- 1cup watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 6ounces smoked salmon
- coarsely ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS An easy and elegant hors d’oeuvre.Mix first 3 ingredients in small bowl.
Cut baguette horizontally in half. Spread Dijon mustard on cut sides of bread. Spread dill butter over. Top with watercress, then smoked salmon. Sprinkle with pepper. Cut each sandwich crosswise into 6 equal pieces, making 12 total.