Grated black radish salad is exquisite too. Try it with the most
common black radish in the U.S. (Raphanus sativus), which is round and has
a similar flavor and texture to Raphanus sativus niger.
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 black radishes (weighing about one half pound each) peeled and trimmed
- one small shallot, sliced paper-thin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt
DIRECTIONS 1.In a medium sized bowl whisk together the lemon juice and the mustard,
then slowly whisk in the olive oil into the mixture until it emulsifies.
2.Grate the radish on a grater with small holes.Add the grated radish
and the shallot to the vinaigrette and toss so that all the ingredients are
thoroughly combined.Season with salt.Serve immediately.