Serve this entrée with steamed white rice and warm pita rounds.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into1-inch-wide strips
- 3/4cup plain yogurt3tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2large shallots, chopped
- 2tablespoons minced seeded red jalapeño chilies
- 2tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2cup chopped fresh dill
DIRECTIONS Place chicken in medium bowl; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Stir in plain yogurt. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Heat vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, chilies, ginger and cumin; sauté until shallots are tender, about 2 minutes. Add chicken with yogurt and sauté until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Uncover skillet. Stir in dill. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.