Spoon some of the sauce over noodles that have been tossed with Parmesan cheese; serve with a salad of balsamic-dressed mesclun and with crusty bread. Almond cookies and grapes are a simple finale.
Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.
- 2 1/2tablespoons olive oil
- 26-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2cups seeded diced plum tomatoes
- 1/4cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata or other brine-cured black olives
DIRECTIONS Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon marjoram. Add to skillet; sauté until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes; sauté until juices are released, about 3 minutes. Stir in olives and 2 tablespoons marjoram. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.