Madras-style curry powder, which is spicier than the standard, adds a little heat here.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2teaspoons curry powder (preferably madras-style)
- 1/4cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2teaspoons mango chutney
- 1teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3cups 1/2-inch pieces cooked skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped4large curly lettuce leaves
- 4small clusters seedless red grapes
DIRECTIONS Stir curry powder in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to medium bowl. Add light mayonnaise, yogurt, mango chutney, minced ginger, and grated orange peel. Whisk to blend. Stir in chicken, grapes, green onions, and chopped walnuts. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Place lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates. Divide salad among leaves. Garnish each plate with grape cluster.