A purchased Asian noodle salad and crisp rice crackers are perfect with this meatless meal. Finish with slim wedges of cheesecake topped with fresh blueberries.
Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.
- 2/3cup chopped green onions
- 2/3cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 2/3cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4cup sesame seeds
- 10ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 6 slices), patted dry
- 4tablespoons roasted garlic oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4cup rice vinegar
DIRECTIONS Mix chopped green onions, sliced bell pepper, and bean sprouts in medium bowl. Mound vegetables on 2 plates. Place sesame seeds on small plate. Dredge tofu slices in sesame seeds to coat on all sides. Heat 2 tablespoons roasted garlic oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until rich golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Divide tofu between 2 plates, leaning tofu against vegetable mounds. Add remaining 2 tablespoons garlic oil to same skillet. Add minced ginger; sauté 1 minute. Add rice vinegar; bring to boil. Remove from heat. Drizzle tofu and vegetables with pan sauce.