Makes 6 to 10 servings.
1. Rub salt all over turkey, inside and out. Cover turkey with cold water and let sit for one hour in the sink (this will get rid of blood and gamey taste).
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Mix spices with apples.
4. Put 1/2 of apple mixture inside turkey under white meat (front). Using the other half of apple mixture and quartered orange, stuff under the dark meat (back) inside turkey.
5. Prepare basting sauce #1 by heating butter and adding juices and spices.
6. Put turkey in roasting pan and add basting sauce.
7. Roast, covered with foil, for 2 hours.
1. Put hazelnuts in food processor and chop to medium coarseness.
2. In a large skillet, brown pork sausage and drain. Add 3 teaspoons of butter to pan and fry chicken until done. Sauté onions, celery, and sage until translucent. Add ham and rest of vegetables in large bowl, adding the pork, chicken and bread, mixing well. Add eggs and Amaretto. Finally, add turkey stock to moisten.
3. Put in baking pan and bake 1 hour at 350 °F.
Finish Roasting Turkey:
1. Remove foil and roast until internal temperature is 175°F, basting every 15 minutes.
2. Prepare #2 basting sauce by heating butter and maple syrup.
3. Remove bird from oven when it reaches 175°F.Let rest — turkey will continue to cook, reaching 180°F in the next 15 minutes.
4. Baste with #2 sauce until all sauce is gone.
5. Remove fruit from inside.