Makes 4 servings.
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3large garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1teaspoon grated orange peel
- 12ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 1/2cups frozen peas, unthawed8ounces gemelli or fusilli pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
DIRECTIONS Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; sauté until onions are deep golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, and orange peel; stir 1 minute. Add shrimp and peas; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until shrimp are just opaque in center and peas are heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Ladle out 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain pasta; return to pot.
Add shrimp mixture and reserved cooking water to pasta; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl and serve.