Let the supermarket do the roasting; mayonnaise and tarragon are the secret to great flavor here. Serve with: Marinated grilled vegetables and French-style potato salad. Dessert: Fresh raspberries with whipped cream and sugar cookies.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons minced shallots
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2tablespoons drained capers4roasted, grilled, or poached boneless chicken breast halves
- 6cups mesclun salad blend (about 4 ounces)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4cup roasted red peppers from jar, thinly sliced
DIRECTIONS Whisk together mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, shallots, tarragon, and capers in small bowl. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Season chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper. Toss mesclun in bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Divide mesclun among 4 plates. Slice chicken breasts and fan atop salads. Drizzle tarragon-caper sauce over chicken. Garnish with red pepper slices. Serve immediately.