- 8large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1tablespoon minced shallot
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8ounces crabmeatfresh tarragon sprigs (optional)
DIRECTIONS Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Scoop out yolks. Place yolks from 4 eggs in medium bowl (reserve remaining yolks for another use). Mash yolks with fork.
Mix in mayonnaise, chopped tarragon, minced shallot, lemon juice, cayenne, and hot pepper sauce. Mix in crab. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mound crab mixture in cavity of each egg-white half (about 1 heaping tablespoon for each). (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Place crab-stuffed deviled eggs on platter. Garnish each with small tarragon sprig, if desired, and serve.