Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 6canned anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 3large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 214 1/2-ounce cans italian-style diced tomatoes
- 46 1/2-ounce cans chopped clams
- 1/2cup dry red wine
- 3tablespoons tomato paste1pound linguine, freshly cooked
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
DIRECTIONS Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add anchovies, garlic and dried red pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Mix in tomatoes with juices, clams with juices, wine and tomato paste. Bring sauce to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Add linguine to sauce and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.